A full educational programme has been developed covering most of the curriculum for all Key Stages. An exciting day's visit might include a guided tour, a visit to the Schools Railway Express, a train ride, a miniature train ride, a view of the Dining Coach from Queen Victoria's Royal Train, The Churchill Coach in which Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower met during the Second world War and much, much more.
Group Prices for 2016 are £7.00 per child
Special Days are £7.50 per child
We do not charge for adults with school groups.
Schools Steaming dates for 2017 are:
Wednesday 15th March
Wednesday 26th April
Wednesday 10th May
Wednesday 14th June
Wednesday 12th July
Wednesday 20th September - Evacuees Day
Wednesday 11th October
Wednesday 20th September is our popular 'Evacuee's Day'. Please click on the link for more details: Evacuee's Day
To arrange a visit or for more information, telephone 01296 655720 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport and Life in Victorian Times
- George and Robert Stephenenson
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel
- Impact of railways on the local area
- Travelling Post Office
- Train Ride (Wednesdays only)
- Miniature Railway Ride
- Influence of transport on the development of large towns/cities
- Use of Plans
- Drawing from direct observation, indoors or out, depending on weather
- Make a hat or a mask
- Letter writing
- The Brill Tramway (only suitable for a small group within your party)
There is too much here to cram into one day, so it is possible to arrange a day looking at one aspect, e.g. art, technology or science.
During the year we arrange Special Days that have a special theme.