Calling all Teachers!
Bring your class of children for a full day out at The Railway. We offer a full educational programme which has been developed covering most of the curriculum for all Key Stages. An exciting day's visit might include a guided tour, a visit to the Schools Railway Express, a train ride, a miniature train ride, a view of the Dining Coach from Queen Victoria's Royal Train, The Churchill Coach in which Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower met during the Second world War and much, much more.
Prices are £7 per child
Special Days are £8 per child (Evacuees' Experience Day in September)
We do not charge for adults with school groups.
Our last Schools Steaming dates for 2018 are:
Wednesday 19th September - Evacuees Day
Wednesday 10th October
Dates for 2019 will be released shortly.
Wednesday 19th September is our popular 'Evacuees' Experience Day'. Please click on the link for more details: Evacuee's Day
To arrange a visit or for more information, telephone 01296 655720 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport and Life in Victorian Times
- George and Robert Stephenenson
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel
- Impact of railways on the local area
- Travelling Post Office
- Train Ride (Wednesdays only)
- Miniature Railway Ride
- Influence of transport on the development of large towns/cities
- Use of Plans
- Drawing from direct observation, indoors or out, depending on weather
- Make a hat or a mask
- Letter writing
- The Brill Tramway (only suitable for a small group within your party)
There is too much here to cram into one day, so it is possible to arrange a day looking at one aspect, e.g. art, technology or science.