Enjoy a unique experience, visit our Travelling Post Office (TPO) situated alongside Platform 5 adjacent to the Visitor Centre.
- Learn about 'Mail by Rail' which started in 1838 and finished as recently as 2004
- Watch 'Night Mail' which shows how mail reached Scotland overnight
- Learn about the 1963 Great Train robbery which took place locally
- See how mail was sorted and have a go yourself,under expert guidance
- The TPO coaches are open for viewing most Sundays and special event days from 1pm-4pm.
The TPO fleet was recently given a stunning fresh coat of Post Office Red paint and new Royal Mail trasfers, thanks to one committed volunteer! Come and pay us a visit and admire our shiny paint job!
« Back To Plan Your Visit